- 1/2 organic onion
- 2 cloves of organic garlic
- 2 organic carrots chopped
- 1 can of organic cannellini beans
- 1 can of organic tomato sauce (i like muir glen)
- 1 tbsp of italian seasoning (i use cento; i need to mix my own organic blend but haven’t done that yet)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of chicken broth (I use my homemade organic chicken broth; will post about that another time)
- 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups of organic pasta (I used Trottole when I made the batch in this picture)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Puree onion, beans, garlic, and 1 cup of water in the blender until smooth. Add mixture to a large pot followed by the tomato sauce, carrots, the rest of the water, broth, and seasonings. Bring the soup to a boil and then add your pasta. Cook the soup on high heat until the pasta is done (see on the package how long the pasta takes to give you an idea); stir often. Sprinkle a little Parmesan on top before you serve.
Weight Watchers Points Plus 2012: 3 points for 1 cup! Including a little sprinkle of Parmesan!
I eat this at lunch with my Bulgar Salad and it is a perfect weight watchers lunch! It is filling and so healthy!! The hidden beans are so high in fiber, magnesium and iron! The tomato sauce provides antioxidants and is a great source of vitamin C. The carrots have beta-carotene which can help boost your immune system!! Enjoy!!
* You could puree only half the beans and keep the others whole if you want more bulk (i haven’t tried to do this because I like this soup the way it is but experimenting is fun too!!
I modified this recipe (originally posted by SkinnyTaste)