Components of my peaceful morning
I worked so hard on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week so today I am enjoying a morning off and tomorrow I will enjoy an entire day off!!
*Collage by Photovisi.com
- Early start: I love to wake up at the quiet hour of 8 am.
- Favorite robe: This robe has been through a lot of days with me, it is a very important component to my relaxation at home. It smells like me and my home which is comforting. (the robe I linked is the exact one I have and love)
- Big Cozy Blanket: A big, heavy blanket is 100% necessary when I am sitting on the couch for more than 3 minutes doing anything! (My favorite one is so old so I can’t find a link for it)
- Favorite hot tea: This vanilla chai tea is my favorite for the cold weather days. During the summer I usually like fruity iced tea but this is the best hot tea I have found! I add a little squirt of agave nectar for a little unprocessed sweetness and organic skim milk to cool it off!
- Pandora: This morning it is Ben Rector radio. If you haven’t explored this website you really are missing out!
- Library Book, The Art of Racing in the Rain: This is the book, by Garth Stein, that I am enjoying right now. It is tugging on my heartstrings and making me think of my nephew puppies (my sister’s dogs who are my little friends, I don’t have a dog of my own) in a new light! More about the nephew puppies: https://thetorrodiaries.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/theres-snow-way-i-could-be-unhappy-on-this-beautiful-morning/ & https://thetorrodiaries.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/my-puppy-nephew-preston/I can’t read for a long period of time (makes me sleepy) so I switch back and forth from reading and sketching so I can enjoy both!
- Blank White Watercolor Paper and…
- Faber-Castell Black Pen: I like to sketch on watercolor paper in case I am going to add color! This is my favorite black pen. It doesn’t run when you watercolor over it.
- Yankee Candle: I currently have “Clean Cotton” burning for ambiance and a fresh, clean scent! Yankee candles burn the best and smell the best, in my opinion. Sometimes, I find them significantly discounted at TJ maxx!
- Mango: I cut up a mango this morning and put half of it on a small plate to enjoy. I like to pretend I picked it off of a tree in the middle of a sunny, isolated island and I am eating it on a lounge chair with the smell of the ocean in the background.