So before I was a mom, I asked all my “mom friends” what their favorite baby items were!
I received many items at my baby shower and I purchased some on my own. My daughter is 3 months old now and so I wanted to share our top 10 baby items…so far.
1. Fisher-Price, My Little Snugabunny Bouncer: This chair sits in our living room and whenever I need to get anything done, there she sits. It bounces with her movements but doesn’t move on it’s own like a swing. Necessity!
2. Prefolded Cloth Diapers as Burp Cloths: We can not live without these. We use them as burp cloths. In our experience they are best for absorption. We need one of these within a 3 foot radius of Luciana at all times.
3. Boogie Wipes: These wipes are unlike any other. They smell awesome and they are created to break down mucus. My daughter had a blocked tear duct for the first month of her life and these were our “go to” to wipe away the mucus. The scent called “fresh” is our favorite.
4. Medela manual breast pump: This pump is convenient and quiet. It is less work to clean when you only need to relieve engorgement. Disregard this one if you don’t plan to breast feed. I didn’t use mine right at first but am so happy I eventually opened and used it.
6. Chicco Keyfit Caddy: This makes errands so easy! I am obsessed. I feel like my daughter is safe in this. We use it ALL the time.
7. Butt Paste: This butt paste is great when there is a little bit of redness. Clears it right up! Have not had a diaper rash yet (knock on wood).
8. Pampers Swaddlers: These are the only diapers we will use! We love them! They have a line on the front that tells you if it is wet or not. I don’t like the “baby dry” just the “swaddlers”. Also, there are always coupons for them, just keep an eye out!
9. Huggies Natural Care Wipes: We prefer the Huggies brand wipes. We have tried several but these are somewhat textured and come apart from each other with ease.
10. Summer Infant Bath: This is not the exact bath we have but its very similar and by the same brand. It has been perfect for us. We give our daughter a bath every night before bed.
In my opinion, don’t bother with these :
My best tip:
My daughter sleeps through the night, every single night. I am talking 8, 9, even 10 hours. I don’t know why but I personally think that it has to do with a few things…1. We always give her a bath at night. I believe it helps her understand the time of day it is. 2. I always nurse her after her bath for comfort even if she recently ate. Just for a few minutes if doesn’t need a full feeding. 3. I lay her in her bed while drowsy. She soothes herself to sleep. 4. I only ever place her in bed when it is bedtime. She does not nap or play in her bed. *You will learn the different cries. When I hear a “pain cry” I don’t hesitate to give gas drops. They help my daughter a lot.
I hope this is helpful! Comments welcome.